Monday, July 27, 2009

Reflection on the first class of EDU 3234

Today, my TESL coursemates and I were introduced to the course of EDU 3234 Readings and Project work For Teaching Literature in ESL Context. In the beginning, I was afraid that this course may have loads of assignments which may be similar to thesis style; therefore, I was all up to be very serious about it.

However, after Miss Dzeelfa distributed the course outline, I discovered that the course was almost similar to Dr. Edwin’s previous courses which used to have assignment 1 30%, journal 20%, research paper 40% and oral presentations 10%. The differences that I found were Position paper and Research Paper. However, I was grateful that my course had done many essay writing during Dr.Edwin’s class. Therefore, I believed it would be fine for me in this course.

In the first lesson, we were introduced to Modern Literary Function which consists of novel and short story. Then, in short story, there are fable and tale. We were introduced to Aesop fables Brothers Grimm and Hans Christian Anderson. When Miss Dzeelfa talked about the fables and short stories by the famous writers such as The Greedy Dog, The Tortoise and The Hare, The Little Mermaid, it made me recalled about my childhood days and I really missed and liked those days and those stories very much.

Actually, I very agree that a literature teacher needs to have the knowledge of traditional literatures which are fables because it can help students to instill them with moral values, appreciate classical literature, develop personality, creativity, emotional growth, cultural growth and promote reading habits.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Miss Dzeelfa for your reply...i am so happy and appreciate your reply much. haha. i will reply your comments very soon. Besides that, i will write more blogs for you to read. Thanks Miss Dzeelfa and Selamat Hari Raya. (",)v

    ReplyDelete